Most people would agree that there is neither a more rewarding nor challenging role than being a mom. For many women, one of the greatest sacrifices of motherhood is the physical toll it takes on their bodies. Dr. Goldberg offers the mommy makeover for those women who do not believe that being a mother means "letting yourself go" or sacrificing your youthful physique. Typically, a mommy makeover in our Virginia practice includes liposuction, a tummy tuck, and a breast enhancement procedure such as breast augmentation. Sometimes, the patient will opt for facial enhancement as well to achieve a more complete transformation.
At Dr. Andrew Goldberg Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, we specialize in mommy makeover procedures to restore your pre-pregnancy shape, or even improve upon it! To find out more, request a complimentary consultation or call us at (888) 245-6513.
Breast Enhancement Procedures
Pregnancy hormones and breastfeeding can take their toll on the delicate tissue of the breasts. Many women enjoy the fuller breasts they develop during pregnancy and breastfeeding, while others experience excessive volume. In either case, when the breast volume diminishes after childbearing, many women are left unhappy with the results: sagging breasts, stretched skin, enlarged areolas, and a deflated appearance. A mommy makeover often includes one or a combination of the following:
- Breast augmentation with implants is a popular option among Virginia moms who want to enhance their breast volume.
- Breast lift can help women who are satisfied with the size of their breasts but desire a firmer, more elevated appearance. In this procedure, excess skin is eliminated and the entire breast is lifted and tightened.
- Breast reduction can help the patient who feels that her breasts are overly large. This procedure is very similar to a breast lift, but removes a greater amount of tissue in addition to the excess skin.
After pregnancy, many women are left with loose, sagging skin, stretch marks, fatty deposits and lax muscle tone in the abdomen. In many cases, diet and exercise can do little to repair the damage pregnancy has done to this part of the body. Women choose one or both of the following procedures for a slender and more youthful looking abdominal area:
- Liposuction removes areas of stubborn fat that remain even when you're close to your pre-pregnancy weight.
- Tummy tuck surgery can provide dramatic results for women who suffer from a post-baby belly. This surgical procedure retightens the abdominal muscles while eliminating excess skin and, when combined with liposuction, removing stubborn fat in the midsection.
Many women feel that a more refreshed face is the "icing on the cake" of their mommy makeover. Your plastic surgeon can perform a number of minimally invasive procedures which can quickly and effectively erase that tired appearance that sometimes accompanies motherhood. Choices include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a popular and effective treatment for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet in the eye area.
- Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel, Restylane®, and RADIESSE® can help you look years younger by filling in wrinkles and restoring volume that has diminished with age.
Dr. Andrew Goldberg has years of experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has the training and experience to customize your mommy makeover surgery to your specific needs.